Happy New Year!!

How did Christmas go? :) Happy New Year!! :) Happy Birthday Kenny! 





I think the temperature difference is so funny. This week I got my first sunburn that hurt :p I wore my hair up and forgot to apply sunscreen. 
This week Ana Julia was baptized :) She is such a sweet person. Tarcesio is a member from another ward and theyve been dating for a while and he introduced her to the gospel. He baptized her :) I think they have a future really special in store because of the priority they have on the gospel of Jesus Christ. In church a speaker said that every new year he gives his children fathers blessings. I´ve never heard of that before but I thought it was such a neat idea. Another good time would be on birthdays I think :) 
This week Sister Jones and I were blessed because of a recent convert, Victor. Victor was converted and wants everyone else to feel the blessings of the gospel :) He´s invited 3 friends to church and given us references and meets us at the persons house to teach them. Its really inspiring. He´s a fantastic example of being a member missionary :) During lessons, he bears testimony and really supports his friend thats learning about Jesus Christ. He received the priesthood last week and passed the sacrament yesterday :) 
Some of my favorite things on the mission is when recent converts get callings, or bear their testimony, or receive the priesthood. The gospel is meant to be applied in our lives so that we can bless others. I want to invite you guys to be member missionaries and give references to the missionaries. Its really easy now because all you need is the name, or phone number, or address, or email or facebook link even. My mission doesnt have fb yet but a lot of missions in the states do. I think about my friends who i didnt introduce to the missionaries and feel so dissapointed, because i didnt share what has the most value in my life to the people close to me. 
The Prophet told us that now is the time for missionaries and members to work together to help everyone receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whether it be the people you know, or the work you do in the temple. Something to think about is Moses 1:39 
God´s purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, what role are you playing in this divine plan? How can you be more proactive? For this new year, I want to invite you to make goals with this focus, so that you can progress towards your true potential. I know that as you pray and ponder about these goals, you´ll be inspired with the names of your friends who are being prepared to receive the gospel, and the means to go to the temple. 
I love you, I love this work. Thank you so much for supporting my mission. I am so grateful to be a missionary and see people strengthen their relationship with their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love baptism. It is a merciful gift that we´re given to be baptized, to be able to choose to follow Jesus Christ. 
Sometimes it feels really hard, following the footsteps of someone perfect. It could also seem really hopeful. Heavenly Father gave us the perfect example because thats what we´re capable of. Neal A. Maxwell gave a talk titled, notwithstanding my weakness that I´d like to share with you: ``may I speak, not to the slackers in the Kingdom, but to those who carry their own load and more; not to those lulled into false security, but to those buffeted by false insecurity, who, though laboring devotedly in the Kingdom, have recurring feelings of falling forever short.``


I know that youre capable of perfection :) You´re examples to me. Thank you for all the good that you do. 
Love, Sister Miess

No comments:

Post a Comment