Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! :) 




It was so good to talk to you guys today :) This time last year I was there, and a year from now I´ll be back! Get ready ;) ha
I just wanted to share how grateful I am to have you guys supporting me here on the mission. I love my mission. Sometimes people think its hard for missionaries to be away from there family for the holidays, and dont get me wrong, i would love to be there with you, but I´ve received so many blessings for christmas this year being out on the mission. I can feel how much my Heavenly Father loves me to allow me to serve a mission here in Fortaleza. 
This year for Christmas Heavenly Father increased my testimony in Jesus Christ and his Gospel. He blessed me with new friends :) my new companion sister jones and our room mates sister figueredo and sister allen are so awesome. We´ve become really close already. It was hard to leave the other house because I really liked the other sisters, but its just another testament that Heavenly Father isnt gonna leave me hanging, he loves me and takes care of me through the others. So on the flip side, I want to learn how to take care of people better so they can feel their Heavenly Father loves them through my service. 
Sometimes when we introduce the gospel to people and invite them to accept, theyre like, no thanks im good. and in my head im like :O NO! you dont know what good is yet! but they have their free agency to choose. Thats how I feel with choosing to serve a mission or not. Some people thing, eh... maybe, i dont feel like it yet. and again its like :O you dont know what youre missing! 
Personally, because of how my friendship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has grown on the mission, I feel a lot stronger because my base is in the gospel, and not in my own understanding. I feel more confident that I can accomplish my goals because Heavenly Father has shown me that if I want something, and am willing to work for it, He´ll grant it to me because I´m his daughter and he loves me. 
I know that repentence is real. I had a lot of worries before about my sins and mess ups because I was like... well now im done for. I have to remember that the worth of souls is great in the eyes of God. Think about 2 people, one is almost perfect, and the other one has a bunch of sins and messes up all the time. who´s worth more? Because of Jesus Christ, they can be made perfect through repentence. Each of them is worth the atoning blood of Jesus Christ to be made perfect if they´ll repent. 
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and testifies of Christ. Im really grateful to be a missionary. I leave my testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen :)
I love you! Merry Christmas
Sister Miess

No comments:

Post a Comment