Faith and Repentance




I have had a really good week :)
Yesterday at church, 2 new members were confirmed and given the Holy Ghost. All the men who hold the Melchizedek  priesthood were invited to sing a hymn. The spirit was so good, I could feel the pride of the ward for having men with the Priesthood authority of God available to serve the community. The lesson in Relief Society was about Faith and Repentance- which was exactly what I needed, and in Sunday school we learned about the Prophets. Something I liked from the lesson about Faith and Repentence was how much testimony the teacher gave. But she taught with a lot of examples. She asked, how can i move that vase of flowers on the table by my faith? I thought... hmmm... and she answered. I can get up, pick up the vase, and move it. ha, oh! duh :) Sometimes when we think of faith moving mountains we think... I would never be capable of that. But you know whats a better idea? Get a shovel, and little by little you can move that mountain out of your way. This is something that I´m learning here on the mission, that my faith is really shown through my actions. If I have faith that Jesus Christ paid for my sins, I´ll repent. He freed me from sin so that I don´t have to live with the same sins in my life over and over again. Sometimes I hear people say that because Christ paid for their sins, they can do whatever they want because the price was already paid. But part of the miracle of the atonement is that we can be clean now. By repenting and cleaning our lives of sin, we feel the peace and pureness of the atonement. An example that I was thinking about is if you go visit a hotel. There´s maid service so at the end of your visit, the maid will clean up after you. You dont have to clean :) But over the duration of your stay, will you allow yourself to live in a dirty room waiting for the maid at the end? or will you pick up after yourself and value your time there? 
I am really grateful that we´re so blessed to have a Savior, and that we can repent and clean our lives on a daily basis. I am grateful for the scriptures and the words of the prophets. There is so much love in the words of a prophet encouraging us to repent. Lehi for example, I dont remember him yelling at Laman and Lemuel telling them theyre aweful and would be condemned. It was always, Laman: I´m worried about you because I can see where you´re headed. 
I love the young women´s mutual theme. I think I´ll just keep using those as themes in my life despite my age. This year is from the Book of Mormon :)
“Come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness” (Moroni 10:32).
 32 Yea, acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dloveGod with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be eperfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye areperfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
I like that the scripture says `deny yourself` of all ungodliness because it shows that its a choice. We aren´t restricted of anything, we choose to deny ourselves of ungodliness because we´re on the road to perfection in Christ. I´m learning better what it means to be a daughter of God and show that I love him through obeying his counsel and following his Son, Jesus Christ and repenting always. I love learning about the gospel of Christ, because it is the way that I´ll more appreciate the plan that my Father in Heaven has for me, and be able to follow the plan and return to him. I want to invite you to ponder on this scripture and think about how you will love God with all your might mind and strength this week. I love you guys :) Thanks for all the support you gave to help me go on a mission. 
Love, Sister Miess

No comments:

Post a Comment